The Network Council is representative of the membership of Heartland Kidney Network, and serves in an informational/advisory capacity. The Network Council includes a representative of each current Medicare approved end-stage renal disease facilities. Representatives are appointed by the Medical Director or the Administrator of each facility.
These representatives may be in one of the following disciplines:
- Transplant Surgeon or Nephrologist
- Internist (Nephrologist)
- Pediatrician (Pediatric Nephrologist when available)
- Administrator ESRD facility
- Qualified ESRD Nurse
- Qualified ESRD Dietitian
- Qualified ESRD Social Worker
- Dialysis Technician
- Director, Histocompatibility Laboratory
- Representative of Organ Procurement Agency
- ESRD Patient
If these disciplines are not represented through the normal appointment process of the facility representatives, the position will be filled as a categorical membership.
Candidates for these positions must:
- Have the appropriate credentials in the discipline they are representing;
- Be experienced in dialysis and/or renal transplantation, or active members of the nephrology community;
- Be affiliated with a Medicare approved dialysis facility or transplant center which is a member of Heartland Kidney Network ESRD Network 12.
The purpose of our Network Council meeting is to provide input on all activities of the Network and to serve as a communication vehicle between Heartland Kidney Network, patients, dialysis facilities, transplant centers, and community partners.