Medical Review Board
The Medical Review Board serves as the primary advisory panel for all Network quality improvement activities, including quality improvement projects, patient grievances, special studies and surveys regarding the health care delivery to ESRD patients.
MRB members are limited to serving 3 consecutive terms of three years each; years served as appointees do not count toward the three-term limit. Members serve in a voluntary capacity and are not compensated for their services.
Medical Review Board Nominations Now Being Accepted
Description of Duties for Elected Committees
Open Positions: Nephrologist-Nebraska; transplant surgeon, social worker, dietitian
The Medical Review Board serves as the primary advisory panel for all Network quality improvement activities, including
- The development of quality improvement projects
- Grievance resolution
- Advising on clinical questions/issues as needed
Candidates for elected positions on the Medical Review Board must:
- Have the appropriate credentials in the discipline they are representing
- Be experienced in dialysis and/or renal transplantation
- Be affiliated with a Medicare approved dialysis facility or transplant center which is a member of ESRD Network 12
- Have email and Web access
MRB Meeting Responsibilities
- One in-person meeting per year (travel and overnight lodging are reimbursed)
- 2 – 3 webinar meetings throughout the year. The webinar meetings are usually 90 minutes long.
Term of Office
- Begins January 1, 2020
- Ends December 31, 2022
Deadline Extended! Nominations due 9/16/19.