Board of Directors
The ESRD Network Board of Directors oversees and manages the operations of the ESRD Network 12 contract with the Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS). The ESRD Network 12 Board of Directors assures that the contract is effectively managed in accordance with the contract requirements and ensures strict adherence to corporate compliance and financial management policies and procedures.
The ESRD Network Board of Directors may have up to thirteen (13) members who either practice or reside in the 4-state service area (Missouri, Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska). Board representation includes:
- the Chair of the Network Medical Review Board (ex officio)
- at least two nephrologist representatives
- at least one (1) patient representative
- At-Large positions may include renal professionals from the following areas:
- Pediatric Nephrology;
- Vascular Access;
- Social Work;
- Technical expertise in renal care;
- Administration; and
- Any other subject matter expert(s) as determined by the ESRD Network 12 Board of Directors
The members of the Board of Directors are elected (patient representatives are appointed). Nominations for new members are solicited from the renal community in the 4-state service area each year for open positions, and an election is held in the fall. Approximately 33% of the positions are open each year. All members of the ESRD Network Board of Directors serve for three (3) year terms of office. Members may not serve more than two (2) consecutive three (3) year terms on the ESRD Network Division Board of Directors.
Network Board of Directors members are not compensated for their service.
Board of Directors Nominations Now Being Accepted
Description of Duties for Elected Committees
Open Positions: social worker, dietitian, technician, nurse, administrator
The Board of Directors (BOD) is the primary administrative committee of Qsource – ESRD Network 12. The BOD members use their expertise to direct all activities of Network 12, including oversight of contract budget, and activities of the Medical Review Board and Patient Advisory Committee.
Candidates for elected positions on the Board of Directors must:
- Have the appropriate credentials in the discipline they are representing
- Be experienced in dialysis and/or renal transplantation
- Be affiliated with a Medicare approved dialysis facility or transplant center which is a member of ESRD Network 12
- Have email and Web access
- Nominees for the Board of Directors MUST HAVE prior volunteer experience on a Network board or committee.
BOD Meeting Responsibilities
- One in-person meeting per year (travel and overnight lodging are reimbursed)
- 1 – 2 webinar meetings throughout the year. The webinar meetings are usually 90 minutes long.
Term of Office
- Begins January 1, 2020
- Ends December 31, 2022
Deadline Extended! Nominations due 9/16/19.